I got the recipe from the “Abs diet cookbook” and it is always a winner. Try it out.
- 1 egg
- 500g lean mince
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup diced onion
- ½ cup chopped spinach
- 2 Tbsp grated cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Whisk the egg in a large bowl. Add everything else and mix until well blended (the hands work great for this). Form into 4 patties.
- Place the burgers on the pan or BBQ over medium to high heat and cook for 6 minutes each side or until your desired level of doneness.
- Serve however you like your burgers. We usually serve ours with oven baked Kumara fries.
- We like a little heat, so we always put some Hot Nando’s peri peri sauce on the bottom.
- Next we put the burger patty on with the cheese on top (If you like melted cheese put the cheese on the pattie once you have flipped it on the pan).
- Next is some BBQ sauce on the cheese.
- Then it’s time for lettuce, tomato, gherkins etc
- If it’s in season we like to spread avocado on the underside of the top bun.
- Of course this is just our preference, but the sky is the limit with this.