- You often get tight hips, hamstrings, hip flexors, tight chest, tight upper neck etc, with prolonged sitting.
- You also get weak gluteal, mid back and anterior neck muscles.
Why? Because your body is no longer any good at standing and moving. It is too comfortable in the compromised sitting position.
What do you want to get good at?
You have to decide what you need to be good at and work on getting good at it. Hopefully you will choose standing and moving well. There is tons of research coming out showing how bad sitting is all day, not just on mobility, but also general health.
Once you have made the decision, you can then make it happen. How you do this will depend your current state. Ask yourself questions like this:
- Do you need to work on flexibility/mobility?
- Do you have annoying back problems that stop you achieving your goal?
- Do you need to get stronger in certain areas, for example your core?