These mince pies are Christmas for me. As long as I can remember, I have eaten these over the festive season.
Now before you say, "but these are not healthy", this tip is about having fun and being happy.
We have to treat ourselves occasionally, and as long as you only have a few of these (it's quite hard to stop at a couple though), you should be okay.
As you will see, these are super easy to make, so definitively give them a go this Christmas.
- “Tasti” xmas mince 1 Tub
- Granny smith apples 2
- Lemon juice
- Caster sugar 1 Tablespoon
- Brandy 2 Tablespoons
- Sweet short pastry 1 packet
1. Peel and slice the apples.
2. Add Lemon juice and sugar.
3. Place apples in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Cook until soft and puree.
4. Mix together mince, pureed apple and Brandy.
5. Roll out pastry sheets a little more so not too thick, and place in mini muffin tins.
6. Add 1 teaspoon of mixture to each pie
7. Cut toppings for the pies. Make it festive by using different shapes etc (this a great time for the kids to help).
8. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.